Yes, it’s the summer, and free time for teachers. Among my academic/professional goals are:
- Start posting to this blog again, maybe once a week or every two weeks.
- Re-read Books 7-12 of Vergil’s Aeneid as part of getting a better context for teaching AP Latin.
- Read as much of the LXX as possible — I’d like to finish the Torah (currently in Exodus). Technically it’s a re-read, but it’s been a long time since I last worked through it.
- Daily NT Greek reading — I fell behind during the school year, so have to up the ante, at least 3 chapters a day.
- One extra-biblical Greek author, probably either Plato’s Republic or Homer’s Odyssey. I read through all of the Odyssey in Greek when I was in graduate school, and it would be nice to revisit it. Or maybe the Illiad…